Saturday, January 14, 2012

Report for Daddy, Day 3

First a quick catch-up on post-naptime yesterday...

Kelly and the kids (Kendall, 9, Jack, 7 and Katie, 5) visited for dinner and a few hours of play. It was such a great change of pace for all of us. Kelly and I caught up (babe, you are lucky you missed our chattiness, you know how our decibel level can just rise and rise!). Koen emulates Jackson and Jack was such a good sport playing with Koen. He really wore out Koen! Tavin just hung around with Kelly and the girls and I just watching what everyone was doing and pushing around his shopping cart. Pretty cute! I forgot to take any pictures, but it was a great evening, so I thought I'd mention it real quick.

So, today. What to do with two rambunctious boys, a blustery, cold day and no plans. Hmmmm.... I have to say I spent quite a bit of time researching free stuff to do online. There were a few possibilities, but I eventually landed on the all-age storytime at the Squirrel Hill library. It was a huge success. Oh, but first, check out this funny video of Tavin. He's developed a monkey walk (well, that's what Koen and I think it is, we aren't quite sure what he's doing)...

Also, I have to mention that thanks to a see and do Berentain Bears book, I upped the anty on the paper airplanes and made Koen a racing version.He was pretty excited. Paper airplane flying used up much of the morning at home. Then, amazingly enough, the boys played well together by themselves in the playroom. It was unbelievable. So impressive! One of those moments that gives me a lot of hope for what it will be like someday. Anyways, a big thanks to Koen for being a really great big brother for about 30 minutes this morning since Tavin wanted to stay with him while I got some things done on the 2nd floor (and don't worry, had my ear glued to the monitor and the stairwell). So exciting!

Ok, so back to our outing. We got in to the storytime just in the nick of time. We found a spot in the back, but Koen complained eventually about not being close enough, so he was really brave and sat in the middle by himself. Of course, Tavin wanted to join him which was just adorable to sit back and watch.Then it just got better when they did some songs and movements with shakers. Tavin loved it and Koen was a great example.After storytime we browsed books, played trains and Koen found a puppet to play with. He was enamored with making its chomp its teeth.We were actually all quite hungry (just like this croc),so we headed up the street to Bellino Pizza. I was so excited because they have a whole wheat crust and they are way cheaper than other pizzerias that offer a whole wheat or partial wheat crust. Yay! We ordered a large and Koen had 3 pieces and Tavin 4. Seriously, unbelievable. Imagine when they are teenagers! We are in for it, babe!

It ended up being a fast morning and a pretty good one too. The ride home was rough with a lot of back-talk and disobedience, so that was frustrating, but we plowed through the ramifications when we got home and still had a nice time before nap reading books. Koen was exhausted after a fun morning and still recovering from the fun last night. The boys are still resting and I'm wrapping up my downtime. Can't wait for you to be home again, Doug. And the boys are excited to see you tomorrow for church!

No comments:

Post a Comment