Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Having A Rough Time"

I'm exhausted. It's been a "rough" few days. Koen's behavior has plummeted to a new low with sad displays with friends including even pushing, shoving and name calling. Turns out that perhaps his ill-behavior was exacerbated by the ill feeling the ear infection he has was causing him. He woke up from his nap yesterday quite uncomfortable. Thankfully, our friend Megan was at home and able to come over and see that yes indeed it was infected and called a scrip in for him right away. We were able to start the medicine last night (after so much patient prodding). He slept hard for a few hours, but around 10pm he woke up in pain. That was the beginning of a 2 hour attempt to get him back to sleep. Part of me felt very bad for him and part of me felt very bad for myself. See, I've developed some odd skin irritation on my face that is very uncomfortable. Last night I was hoping for some relief in a good night's sleep, but I guess that wasn't in the cards. My attitude was at quite a low when Koen called me near midnight, "Mommy, I'm having a rough time falling asleep." Yeah, buddy, I know.

Koen finally did fall asleep and didn't make a peep until after 7am and didn't even start to play and was still in bed when I got him at 8am. Then he bounded out of bed acting completely like himself...no pain and no obedience. I guess he was back to himself already. Unfortunately, I woke up with a pounding headache, my face still hurting me and very tired from the lack of sleep.

Unfortunately the morning was not very smooth as Koen would not take his medicine and I literally had to prod him over the time span of 2 and 1/2 hours to get his morning dose into him. So draining and frustrating. I know that he can't understand at his age, but it was very tiring to say the least. Thankfully we had plans to get out of the house (although we were late due to the medicine prodding). We set off for Kyndal's to visit she and Kaiser and Porter a little before 11am. It was a great distraction for Koen (although he still showed some embarrassing behavior towards Kaiser - it seriously breaks my heart). Tavin loved playing with all the new toys and watching Koen and Kai-Kai. Porter was such a champ having all the big boys take over his turf. Kyndal was a fabulous hostess as usual. We enjoyed our chats and poor Kyndal endured my emotional breakdown (thanks for your understanding of my tears!).

Here are our little men at lunch...And here they are working in the kitchen together.We got home in time for nap. The boys were exhausted. Unfortunately, Tavin has been waking up early again the last few days and is already awake chatting. Ugh. Oh well, at least he's happy. I'm headed to go wake Koen up since it's 4pm. There is no way that kid is going to ruin another night of sleep for me, so I gotta make sure his nap isn't too refreshing. Well, keep us in your prayers. Between my discomfort and Koen's disobedience, I'm hanging on by a thread!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ame, I'm sorry you're having a rough time! I wish I could take the kids off your hands so you could catch up on some much-needed rest! Things always seem a little better when we get enough rest. Likewise, they always seem worse when we don't! Hang in there. I'm praying for you lots today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Crazy that you wish you could help me out as I'm sure you must have your hands full with 4!! I would love to sit down with you and see how you manage it all. Maybe next time you are in the States we can finally do that. Things are better here this weekend as it's been a break with Doug home for his days off yesterday and today and my skin irritation has miraculously cleared up and I'm feeling so much more like my normal self. Koen is still difficult on and off all day long, but it's easier to deal with when Doug is here as the burden is not all on my shoulders. Thanks for your prayers. Love, Am

    ReplyDelete