Sunday, January 22, 2012

Valentine's Card for a Friend

Yesterday we were trying to keep busy in the house since Doug had the car and Koen has a pretty intense cold. I wracked my brain for some kind of season-appropriate craft. Remember those Valentine creatures you made in the 1st grade. Yeah, that's all I could think of. But it was a huge hit! It was so sweet because I said to Koen, "how about we make a big Valentine for Delia?" And he said, "well, how about we make it for Dhini? She had surgery this week and I want to make her feel better." So sweet! Yes, buddy, we can totally make it for Dhini (don't worry, Delia, we'll make one for you another day for sure). Here's Koen working on the writing...Here's the proud creator with his creation...It's alive! Pretty cute, huh.We will deliver the Valentine tomorrow. Koen can't wait! He told me today not to tell his teacher about it because he wants to surprise her at school tomorrow. So sweet.

1 comment: