Monday, January 16, 2012

Birdhouse Project

When Nana was here last weekend she gave Koen a paint-your-own birdhouse kit. Last night I decided it would be a fun activity for Koen to work on after naptime. He was thrilled with the idea. He dove right in and on his own initiative chose the colors and where they would go.Tavin, of course, needed to feel like he was involved, so I set him up with stickers, crayons and markers and scrap paper. The markers were a big hit (and as you can see he also went crazy with the stickers).I didn't think we'd be able to do the whole birdhouse in one night, but Koen was so focused on it and enjoyed it so much, that he did end up using up all the paint. I think we might continue decorating it with other paints some other time, but for the most part, it's done. Here's Koen showing it off for Nana. He was so proud of himself!I was making too much of a big deal over Koen's accomplishment apparently, because Tavin was following me around saying, "Cheese!", so I took his picture too. He's pretty cute!Good job, Koen and thanks so much, Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment