Saturday, January 28, 2012

Daddy On Duty

Yesterday was a different Friday for us, but it worked out really well as a break and change of pace for me (and probably for Doug quite a dose of what a lot of my days are like, poor guy!). So, I took Koen to nursery school and then headed to a doctor's appointment, so Doug and Tavin stayed at home. They actually prepared a delicious lunch for all of us, which was a nice treat. I came home around 10:30am and then Doug left with Tavin to run errands and pick Koen up from school at noon. I got about 2 hours at home by myself. Ahhh... It was much needed as I had plenty of prep for the baby shower I was hosting that evening. When Doug arrived home with the boys, he was so frustrated. Koen was in fine form (which is quite the norm these days) and was at odds with Doug with plenty of disobedience. Thankfully the yummy lunch made everyone a little happier. Thanks, babe. So nice to get out of prepping a meal! Doug then had to take the boys upstairs to play and I walked to a hair appointment. The hair appointment was just long enough to get me through naptime laydown. Seriously, babe, I didn't plan to do this to you, but thanks for covering for me so much. It was such a refreshing break! Koen actually didn't end up napping, but played in his room all afternoon. Tavin took a great nap. Here's a video Doug sent me of them playing before he laid them down...

After my hair appointment I went into overdrive prepping for the baby shower. Doug rested and read for his class. At 5pm some friends arrived to help me setup and Doug took the boys out for errands and a fun dinner. Before he left we had to force feed Koen his amoxycillin. It was horrendous. So embarrassing in front of my friends, but definitely started Doug's night with the boys off on the wrong foot. Thankfully, he's an amazing daddy and they rebounded quite quickly. Here they are at the 3rd restaurant they tried to get into. Tavin enjoyed his peas and blueberries I packed and then 5 pieces of pizza! Doug barely had time to eat amidst cutting up all those pieces for Tav.Koen was smitten by the big screen TV with ESPN game footage rolling, which Doug said was the perfect distraction during the meal. Koen only ate a piece of pizza (it's probably good he didn't have a bigger appetite or Doug wouldn't have gotten anything!).The baby shower was a lot of fun and a huge success thanks to a lot of teamwork. The girls I worked with did an awesome job. I can't wait to show off pictures, it was a lovely night for our friend. But I also have to give Doug a big thank you for totally taking care of the boys. He did an amazing job handling the moody Koen and the sweet, but energetic Tav. Thanks, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment