Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Christmas Season Officially Ends

Our tree was gorgeous this year and I love making the season last as long as possible. When the house is decorated for Christmas, I feel it looks its best. But, I also do eventually tire of the same old decor (and the dust that settles on the nooks and crannies of the decorations that are hard to take care of efficiently in my usual dusting!). We had a beautiful tree this year with more compliments for it than ever. We will be purchasing our tree from the same guys next year I'm sure. But, it was time for the tree (and all its needles!) to go (especially since the trash guys only have certain days they will take Christmas trees off the curb). [Ok, sorry about all the parentheses today, how do you like the brackets?]

So yesterday we took all the decorations down. It was a great activity for Koen. He was very helpful and impressively careful with everything.Tavin did not enjoy the activity at all. He was very cranky and frustrated. He kept bringing things to Koen, saying "Brubba!" asking him to play with him. It was pretty pathetic. At this point he found my camera and said, "Cheese?", so I took a pic of the poor little bored guy.Well, the house looks quite bleak (although super clean and shiny) with all the decorations back in their boxes in the basement. I'm trying to think of how to decorate wintry and simple until the Spring comes and I can go crazy with fresh flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment