Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tavin's 18 Month Appointment

I was a little behind this time and Tavin just had his 18 month appointment today even though he will really be 19 months next week. He was 33 and 1/4 inches tall (70th percentile) and 24 lbs. and 11 oz. (25th percentile). Tavin continues to be tall for his age and has stepped it up from the 15th percentile to the 25th in weight this check-up (funny how that makes a mommy proud!). Koen was 25 lbs. and 7 oz. at his 18 month and was 33 and 3/4 inches tall. I don't mention that for comparison, more just for interest.

Tavin was adorable at his appointment today. Doug watched Koen while I took Tavin to the doctor and Tavin loved all the attention at the doctor's office. The whole time I talked to the doctor, Tavin babbled as if he was contributing to every answer and discussion point. So cute! At one point he found my phone in my person so he walked around the room with it up to his ear and occasionally would say, "hello" into it (all the while I'm trying to concentrate on talking to the doctor). It was so cute and hilarious! Here are a few pictures of Tavin walking around chatting up a storm.Tavin didn't completely have fun at this appointment though. He did not like being poked and prodded for the check up and as usual completely made me feel awful when he screamed due to the shots. This time afterwards he just kept mumbling, "ma ma ma." So hard to take!

Needless to say after our fun morning and the exhausting doctor's appointment, Tavin fell asleep hard by the time I got him into bed (an hour later than usual naptime!). The poor guy though, he woke up screaming an hour in. I went up to him and snuggled him, prayed with him and laid him back down. He never made another peep for another hour and a half! He must have been really tired to go back to sleep in the middle of the afternoon like that. Poor guy.

Well, overall, I'm happy to report that at 18 (well, 19) months, we have a happy, healthy little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment