Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Break & Sprouts of Faith, Week 1

For the next four weeks, our playgroup is taking a break so that we can take part in the Summer Break and Sprouts of Faith programs Northway Oakland is offering. Koen was so excited to go see Mr. Pete and Miss Allison who are the interns in the Kidz Ministry at NWO and they were really involved in Kidz Gig. Koen thinks they are great! I was excited to be downstairs with Tavin taking part in Sprouts of Faith, a mommy and me music and creative movement program. I think he loved my undivided attention because he was a good listener, participatory and so happy the whole time. The face below is one of concentration, not frustration. He loved marching around the room holding my hand, shaking the maraca. He was into all the activites I did. I had a blast doing something just with him.
Meanwhile, Koen was upstairs having a blast at the Summer Break program where they did some fun singing and dancing and then learned how to make clay pots. He did really well making the clay cords and winding them into a pot. He concentrated hard and stayed very focused. I was so impressed when I peeked on him and later went to pick him up.
After our fun activities at NWO, we headed to Anderson Playground at Schenley Park with Miss Kyndal, Kaiser and Porter and none other than, Daddy! Miss Kyndal had been at the Sprouts of Faith with Tavin and I, so we planned to go to the park afterwards for lunch. Doug had been working at the church and needed lunch, so he decided to come along with us for a little while which was a nice surprise for all of us.
Koen, Tavin and Kaiser played well together and stuck together pretty well too. It was really cute. It was tough to get a picture with all 3 of them in it (would've loved to get little Porter in the picture too, but I think catching all 4 of them will take more effort some other time).
Tavin is always trying to do what Koen is doing and he found himself watching and following Kaiser today as well. Needless to say he was exhausted afterwards and took a great nap!
Koen did a great job managing the little ones, being kind and keeping busy. He was really proud of himself for navigating some new, difficult balance challenges. I love seeing him discover new things about himself and his surroundings.
It was a wonderful day today. I'm already looking forward to next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment