Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lisa Visit!

Lisa and I have been scheduling a time for us to hang out with the boys together and catch up for literally 2 months! Today was the much anticipated day and when I say "anticipated" I mean it! Koen has known about it since last week and has talked about it daily. Yesterday he prepared by cleaning and picking out a "handsome" outfit before he went to bed. This morning he was dressed in his outfit by the time I came up upon his request to go to the bathroom. He had also already made his bed and cleaned up all his toys. He said to me in a whisper, "I'm just cleaning up all my things. Then when you wake Tavin up I will clean up the playroom, Mommy. Lisa's coming today." Precious!

It seemed like forever for 10:30am to come. We tried a stroll to the playground in the wagon, but it was so, so hot, that we only last about 20 minutes there. Then when we got home I remembered we needed to do a return at the library, so we ran out to do that in the AC in the car. On our way out, we saw Ceasar on the porch and ended up hanging out with he and Ruth on their porch for about 15 minutes. I love that they are like our extended family. The boys love them so much. One of these days, I will have to get a picture to share a picture with you of this sweet couple.

When we got back from the library, we waited on our porch and Lisa was there in a matter of minutes. Koen ran down the steps to give her a hug. She had a Target bag with her and Koen said, "I think Lisa has presents, Mommy. I didn't know she was bringing presents!" Lisa is so well-aligned with Koen. She brought him a Chuggington board game for ages 3 and up. She also got him a new Chugger (that he didn't already have...how did she know?) and then she got a little "Dinosaur Train" toy. Koen was also super excited about that toy and he said, "I'll just play with it until Tavin is a big boy."

After the fun present opening we headed upstairs. Koen got Lisa to read books to him on his top bunk. That kid is too cute. He can get just about anyone to do anything. Not to mention Lisa is a good sport and loves him so much. They read several books up there. It was a special time for sure. Koen said, "Mommy, can you set the gate up so that you and Tavin can have a nice time playing in the playroom while Lisa and I play in here?"
Tavin and I had fun snuggling, reading and playing. He's pretty cute too...
Here's a shot of Koen (and Tavin sort of) playing the Chuggington game. Lisa is so patient and so wonderful with kids. It's really amazing. She's definitely gifted!
Thanks for coming, Lisa. We all love you so much. You have a special place in all our hearts. We all (especially Koen) are already looking forward to your next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment