Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pool Party

Koen, Tavin and I had a nice morning around the house. We took a walk to the grocery store to stock up on fruit. These boys just plow through it! It's crazy! But thankfully berries were on sale today like crazy, so we were able to get a nice assortment of summer fruit without making too much of a dent in the grocery cash.

After we got home I got us packed up for the pool at the gym. Koen was so excited to go! While I was packing up, Doug called and said he was thinking of meeting us there to have his lunch, take a dip and then go back to work in the East End (it's a sermon weekend, so lots of writing and tweaking going on). The boys and I had a lot of fun at the pool before Doug got there, but they were both so, so excited to see him. It's so neat to watch them just loving their Daddy! They both just lit up when he arrived on the scene. I loved that he was there of course because tag-teaming, if only for a short time, really helps!

Here's a few cute pictures of Doug and Koen doing "submarine" in the pool (which Koen of course loves!)...And here's me and Tav (don't worry that's just PB&J stuck on his face)...The boys were exhausted after all the swimming, so they had great naps. We had a nice family dinner when Doug got home and then some simple backyard play as a family. I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment