Monday, September 30, 2013

The Kissing Hand

On the first day of preschool Tavin's class read the book, "The Kissing Hand." 
It was actually on the list of books that I posted about yesterday, so when they read it in school I had already requested it at the library and had it at home.  Tavin and I hadn't had a chance to read that one together yet when he came home after that first day of preschool.  During his lunch that day he asked me for my hand, opened it and laid the sweetest kiss from his lips into my palm (yes, I melted).  I asked him where he learned that and he said, "preschool."  Well, we recently got to the bottom of it with reading the sweet, charming tale of "The Kissing Hand."  There were some stickers in the back of the book and we decided we would make our own kissing hands.  Tavin was super excited.  
We traced his hand and I cut it out for him.  
Then we put the sticker (kiss) on it.  Can't get any simpler than that, but he's happy with it!
Here's an example of the sweet kiss I receive when we read this precious plot.


No comments:

Post a Comment