Friday, September 13, 2013

Good Riddance, Trouble Tooth!!

Last night Koen FINALLY lost the top front tooth (his left).  It has been ready to pull out since before we left for NH, that was the end of July!!!  I kid you not, I'm sure I could've yanked it then and he has protested ever since.  Last night when I looked at him as we were reading it was bleeding and was sticking out of his mouth perpendicular to his other teeth.  I said that it was happening and there was no question about it.  With Doug's help to hold him, I yanked that annoying thing out.  (Can I get some props here for doing the dirty work that even my hubby won't do?)  He put up a good fight, but Doug bribed him with a $5 motivating prize and a trip to finally cash in some of his hard-earned job chart money to Target the next day for a new Lego set.  That did the trick.  Of course after I got it out he said he didn't even feel it.  Yep, kid, I told you so!  

This tooth has quite a history as years ago when he was only just 2 he fell and the tooth was slammed up into his gum and it took it months to come back down.  We were so thankful it didn't die and gray or fall out at that time, but it has always been twisted since that trauma and we've been looking forward to seeing what happens when his adult tooth was ready to come in.  Well, over 4 years later it's finally time to say goodbye to this troubled tooth.  Here's a look at his adorable face soon after that accident at 2 years old...
And here's my big boy with a huge gap and he's oh so proud of it!
Congratulations, Koen.  It was a long time coming, but I am really proud of you for being brave and letting me finally get that tooth out last night.  I love your new smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment