Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Just a Little Crafty

With the spring/summer wreaths on the front porch fading with sun from the past two years of these seasons and the geranium hanging baskets looking so dire that they could be a scary Halloween display, I decided that it was time to try to get inspired and redo the front porch for Fall.  I picked this week because I'm hosting a baby shower here on Saturday and I figured some festive Fall mums would be a lot more welcoming than dried out, spiney summer plants.  I spent a little time over the weekend on Pinterest literally searching on "affordable easy Fall wreaths."  Pinterest did me right this time.  I paid $8 in supplies for two wreaths, it only took me 2 hours from start to finish and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself this morning.  Check out my freshened up front porch.





In case anyone is interested in trying one of these felt rosette grapevine wreaths themselves, here's the tutorial blog post I found helpful.  It really, really is that easy!  Thanks, Third Floor Design Studio (and thanks, Pinterest too!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment