Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mommy, Tavin, Penn Rye

Last year when Koen went off to school and it was just me, Tav and Penn, Tavin and I developed a little saying..."Mommy, Tavin and Penn Rye Time."  We use this sparingly around Koen, but I use it liberally around my middle man as I feel that the middle can often be overlooked and I love to make him feel special.  He LOVES "Mommy, Tavin, Penn Rye Time."  Well, we've been having fun these last few days getting back into the swing of what this even looks like.  Don't get me wrong, I am missing Koen very much and I picture what he would be doing with us during every activity we undertake, but at the same time I'm enjoying the slower pace, the quieter surroundings and the quality time allowed now for Tav and Penn that is harder to accomplish with Koen around.  Today the boys and I had a morning around the house and then we had a long walk running errands with our final stop being at "digger park" (Baum Grove) for a picnic and playtime.  Tav has been asking to go to "digger park" ever since we were there a few Sundays ago.  I love how 3 year old boys just need a few diggers or cars, the great outdoors, food and their imaginations and you have a content morning of play.  
Speaking of content.  Here's my sweet Penn.  Happy to be hanging out munching away on lunch.  Sweetness defined.
I'm looking forward to lots more simple fun and little adventures with my little guys while big brother is out at school enjoying his learning environment and new adventures himself.  Here we go Tav..."it's Mommy, Tavin, Penn Rye Time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment