Thursday, September 12, 2013

Playdate for Penn...Meet Daniel

On Wednesday, we had my friend Elizabeth and her baby, Daniel, over for a short playdate.  Daniel is about 7 months.  He's a happy, sweet, sturdy boy.  Elizabeth and I had a blast chatting.  Tavin enjoyed getting to just simply play at the house (and he talked me into being quite involved in his "stories").  Elizabeth and I also had fun watching Daniel and Penn play and interact.  


Daniel and Elizabeth have been in Pittsburgh on a short-term basis as Elizabeth's husband is serving in our military overseas.  She's been here since April and is now heading back to welcome her husband home in Las Vegas where they are based.  I'm so happy for her that this season is almost over (and so proud of her for how well she has dealt with it all, it's truly been inspirational to watch her trust in the Lord and take it a day at a time).  It's sad to yet again bid goodbye to these friends that used to live here and be a part of our church and small group community here, but I know we will continue to stay in touch and have occasional visits when they are back in the Burgh to visit family.  We'll definitely have to keep getting Penn and Daniel together as I'm sure as they grow they will become great playmates.  Thanks so much for visiting, Elizabeth.  I so enjoyed my time with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment