Friday, September 20, 2013

So Happy Together

Yay!!  Douglas is home safe and sound.  And we did alright while highly anticipating his return.  Praise the Lord!  To many of you it may seem lame that I make such a big deal of a week when my husband is out of town, but there are legitimate reasons for this.  One, Doug is such an awesome Daddy and a big help when he is able to be around in the evenings and on weekends that I just love having his partnership in parenting and the boys crave that great time with him.  And two, I still struggle with so much fear of something bad happening when I'm here alone since the break-in, that staying alone just overwhelms me (although each time helps build my faith and claim victory over the enemy and the fear).  So, yay, that's over.  Douglas is back doing his daddy thing!  This morning he took Koen to school with Tav and then he and Tav did yardwork all morning.  Tav was on cloud 9.  I was using this time very wisely and forgot to take pics of the adorable helper, so you'll have to take my word for it.  To celebrate all being back together we went out for family dinner at a favorite (and super good deal) pizza place.  Here are the Pirates hat buddies.
And the sunglass buddies.
Unfortunately the picture of Penn did not turn out well.  It's a real shame because he was the talk of the restaurant.  Every server, hostess and woman customer was ooh-ing and ah-ing over him.  It was also a big night for him because it was his first time eating a little bit of the pizza!  

Well, it was a super fun night and a great way to celebrate all being back together.  Love you, Douglas.  And so, so, so glad that you are back!

No comments:

Post a Comment