Friday, September 27, 2013

Precious Moments

Although my days are filled with lots of precious moments, sometimes I forget to reflect on them and memorize them.  The boys can drain my energy, unnerve me and completely frustrate me for sure, but more often they amaze me, they humble me, they strike me and they love on me and I'm so thankful for this opportunity to be a mom to them and enjoy these precious moments.

Here are just a few from this week.  After school on Wednesday Koen randomly wanted to draw and write a card for Doug.  It included a pull-through window where he wrote lyrics to a song for Doug.  (See why this is called "precious" moments!)  He practiced it a few times with me and was just beaming when Doug got home so that he could present this card and song.  Here he is after dinner singing it through again for his Daddy.
That same night Doug caught a few pictures of me reading bedtime stories to Penn.  It occurred to me as he was snapping them that I'm not sure in my now 6 years of being a mom and reading every single night to my children that I've ever had a photograph of this special time that I enjoy so much and that is always one of the highlights of my day with each of the boys.  I had Doug send me the pics just to keep in my stores and of course to share in this oh so fitting blog post.

Well, that's all the mush for now.  Hopefully I ride this high through bedtime tonight as Doug is gone doing a wedding rehearsal so it's just me with the 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment