Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Friendship Fall Fun

This time of year is so refreshing.  I just love the cool, fresh air that allows us to get out so often throughout these gorgeous days.  We've had quite a stretch of nice weather this week and here are a few pictures of the boys taking advantage of it throughout the neighborhood. 

On Monday evening we spent some time before dinner at the Montessori playground.  Doug developed a fun game for Tavin chucking chestnuts in the holes in the bench for points.  Penn was the "catcher" or cheerleader, he loved it. 
After the game wore off, we just plopped Tav behind Penn instead of Doug.  At first, Tav was unsure.
But then he got pretty happy about it (Penn was still not quite sure about it).
Of course Koen had to join in when he noticed he wasn't included in a brotherly moment (he just LOVES being the biggest brother).  Here are the top 3 that I snatched on my phone.


After the photo session, I took Penn over to the playground.  He was so excited to be on the slide and then to play peekaboo in the tunnel.  Oh...my...goodness, those eyes!  Someone recently said they thought that he was growing into his eyes and they didn't look so big.  Hmmm, I don't think so!  Oh, how I love those dark, big, sweet eyes!

On Tuesday evening, we headed up to a neighbor's house to play out on the sidewalk (we do this several nights a week, we are so thankful for our neighbors...it's always a party!).  Koen developed a race game that Tavin loved.  Here it looks like Koen just smoked Tav.
Tonight we hung out up the street again.  This time I got some pics of the little guys as well.  Penn is finally old enough and mobile enough to really take part in this active time.  He has spent the past two nights just walking up and down the sidewalk with this zebra push toy.  His buddy, Everett (pictured right) is 7 weeks older than him, but is a great walker and Penn, I think, is doing his best to keep up!
Here you can see how Penn is happily and independently walking along the race course.  Koen is busy drawing some more barrier lines, then there's Penn, Xavier from across the street is dressed in construction gear on a riding toy and then Tav is way at the end of the race course on a blue trike.  As you can see, we really take over the street during these evening playtimes!
Another picture of my pre-walker.  I feel like he really wants to walk now that he's really tasted it with the other kids, taking it all in from that angle really gives him a new view of life.  Perhaps he'll walk soon?  We'll see!

Well, I'm sure there will be many more evenings like these 3 that have happened thus far this week (and more pics too).  I just love this time of year.  I love this phase of life with these 3 wonderful boys at these 3 different stages to enjoy, learn and grow through.  I'm a happy, thankful momma tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment