Sunday, April 17, 2011

Simple Fun

It was a low key weekend here. But we took advantage of the opportunity to just enjoy our surroundings. I love living in an urban environment in Pittsburgh, but I also love to return to my rural roots and enjoy the simplicity of nature and the fresh clean air. It's great to see that although Koen also enjoys the rush and noise of the urban life, he can also appreciate the simplistic pleasures of throwing stones in a creek, going a peaceful walk in the woods and helping Grampa in the yard. Here's a glimpse of what we've been up to the last few days. Nothing major, but we are keeping happy (well, except for the fact Koen's been a little intense at times). Koen's got quite a good arm. He's really enjoying throwing rocks in the creek behind my parents' home. I used to spend hours in and around this stream with my neighborhood friend growing up. It's fun to see Koen enjoying this simple pleasure too. Here's a video for Daddy...
Koen's been really enjoying dominoes this visit. He's pretty patient with the process, but often knocks the blocks down by mistake early, but he actually thinks it's a fun surprise to watch them fall. Tav still enjoys eating. Gramma & Grampa are impressed by his appetite!
Koen enjoyed helping Grampa clean up the front yard with the wagon in tow. I was especially glad to see him out there getting some fresh air and chat off Grampa's ear instead of mine for once (I love you, buddy, but wow, you are intense sometimes!).
Tavin has done so well here and is quite the happy little visitor.
He and Gramma enjoyed playing some tunes on the piano...
as well as a brief walk before Tavin's nap.
When Koen finished his nap we headed out to enjoy another bout of throwing rocks in the stream. We also visited another one further down the road. He was thrilled to find a new one!
Ah, my beautiful NH. I love it! What a breath of fresh air (literally!).

No comments:

Post a Comment