Sunday, April 3, 2011

Date Night

Last night we got to get out for dinner and a show with some great friends here. We went out to DISH in the SouthSide. So delicious! Our neighbor actually owns it, so it was fun that he was there and we were able to say hello. It's Italian food and it is so amazing! Doug and I both had homemade pastas that were fantastic. Not to mention we totally enjoyed the great company and conversation of our friends. The other half of our date was a show at Club Cafe to see The Civil Wars. I'm really not that into live shows (unless they are early and also are very good/my style music), so I wasn't super psyched about the 10pm start time. The opening show was a talented folksy girl singer. I loved her voice, but the lyrics were so depressing! It was such a relief that when the girl/guy team, The Civil Wars, came on they were upbeat, playful and so gifted! Hearing them live and watching them work together was totally worth standing through the first act (although still would've loved to have gone to an earlier show - oh husband!). Here are a few blurry pictures that I had to take for Ab just to prove that "I did something hip for once" (that is what she said when she encouraged me to go the concert earlier in the evening).

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh thanks for the proof! i wouldn't have believed it otherwise...just kidding! you're the hippest mom i know.

    ReplyDelete