Friday, April 15, 2011

Off To New Hampshire!

It was Christmastime when I last got to be with my parents, so I decided to take advantage of Koen's Easter break from nursery school and take the boys home to NH for a few days before the holiday. Although Koen had had a big morning with his nursery school field trip, he rose to the occassion of a flying adventure to Gramma & Grampa's! Tavin also did a great job on the trip even though he's had less experience (and is in this screechy stage of expressing himself!).

Before boarding the plan Koen and Tavin enjoyed running out some energy in the "Kidsport" at the Pittsburgh International Airport. Most of the time Koen just sat and watched planes out the window.Tavin was moving every second crawling all over the protected space. It was great to let him stretch his legs a little before an afternoon/evening of being tied down. We had very uneventful flights and Koen and Tavin were both relatively quiet and very content. It is so rewarding traveling with these two little guys. It can be a lot of effort packing up and trying to think through all that I'll need and how to pack it so I'll have everything where I'll need it when I need it on the plane, etc. But when they pull off such an ordeal with such "flying" colors (ha, ha, no pun intended!) it just makes me want to do more and more with them.

We arrived on time in Boston, but then had over an hour to drive home to NH, so I didn't get Tavin to bed until a little before 9pm (he usually is down at 7pm!) and Koen was down at 9:30pm. They both went right to sleep and slept well this morning. Ah, a great start in a different location. My little troopers!

As you can see they are quite comfortable at Gramma & Grampa's house. Koen set right to work on a hand-me-down train track Gramma keeps out for him...Tavin was buzzing around on the floor crawling, checking everything out this morning. He's even let Grampa hold him a little already without a fuss!

I'm sure there will be more blog posts to come on our adventures with Gramma & Grampa in NH...gotta keep Daddy up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment