Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One More Birthday Celebration

Tonight we did a mini-birthday celebration for Koen after dinner. This wasn't the only special thing today though (just the only thing we caught on camera). This morning Grampa took Koen to a local kid-friendly science museum. They had a great time together exploring the different hands-on displays and when they got hungry, they headed out for a pizza lunch on the way home. Unfortunately I have no pictures to prove any of this, but Koen probably loved that he didn't have to be under the lens today. =) Grampa does such a great job with his grandsons. It is so fun to watch my Daddy flourish as a grandfather. And I love seeing my boys develop a relationship with him. It's a blast that Koen is now of an age where he and Grampa can have little adventures together.

Anyways, back to the birthday celebration. We just had Koen's favorite, chocolate ice cream (with candles again of course).
Then a few gifts from Mom and Dad. He was so cute because I had him open the best last, but he was super excited about each gift. He was so happy even about getting new jeans (I think he has his Dad's appreciation for clothes).
He was super excited..."oh...my...goodness" he said when he opened a new train engine, Percy (Thomas' best friend). He was so surprised.
Finally, it was time for the best present of all...you'll see it here on video...

Well, buddy, I think your birthday has finally come to end. Making it last ten days isn't too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment