Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Bike Adventure

Yesterday we seized the possibility that the rain would hold off until the afternoon and headed down to the North Shore with our bikes to go on a family bike ride/picnic. It was fantastic! The fresh air felt so good after being cooped up much of the last few days due to rain. Unfortunately I have pretty bad Spring allergies so although I enjoyed the fresh air, I paid for it in sneezing and itchy eyes to name a few of my symptoms. Tavin sits on the back of my bike and Koen rides on the back of Doug's. Koen pestered Doug with about 50 "why" questions for every mile we rode and Tavin kept me company by mimicing my sneezing and then later bobbing into sleepiness hitting his heavy helmet against my back. We took the Heritage Trail down the North Shore, crossed the river into Point State Park, detoured through the edge of downtown on the Blvd of the Allies and then onto the Eliza Furnace Trail to the SouthSide Works where we had our picnic. On our way home we took the quieter River Trail on the SouthSide back to the Smithfield St. Bridge and then our little detour through downtown and back to the North Shore. It was so great to be out in the sun, getting exercise and air with our boys. Thanks for the great idea, Doug!

We were definitely tired and sore from the long ride. I enjoyed the excuse to sit and do work yesterday afternoon, but Doug decided since the rain still held off he would mow the grass, then it still hadn't rained so he proceeded to do more yardwork. He didn't stop until 6pm for a shower. He was exhausted to say the least! Thanks, babe. The yard is looking so much better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment