Sunday, April 24, 2011

Indian 101 Cooking Class

Last night Doug and I went to a cooking class at Giant Eagle Market District in Robinson with a bunch of his interns (a little thank you/bonding event for the group). It turned out to be a blast. When we got there the Chef Instructor (our friend, Luke) asked, "who doesn't like Indian food?" I knew I was in for it then (mine was the only hand that went up - a little disclaimer here, I like a few dishes, but generally it's just too spicy for me).

Actually we had a blast with Doug's co-worker, Kassi, and her husband, Joe, and all the interns learning to cook these dishes, tasting new food and laughing a lot!

Here's the menu we prepared...
Vengayan pakora (ok, kind of bland, didn't like the pepper chopped up in it)
Moong Dal & Green Beans (I liked this pretty well)
Chicken Vindaloo (my favorite, a tomato based curry (not too spicy) dish)
Masala Chai (this was yummy - the real Chai tea)
Curried Carrots/Cauliflower (too spicy for my taste)
Samosa Bites (too lemony for my taste)
Mango Lassi (smoothy drink that was pretty tasty)
I have proven my love to Douglas with going through with this date, being adventurous and trying something new. He owes me a big dish of pasta or an extra pizza night. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment