Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Day With Alex

Today we had Alex with us. He was a great little buddy all day. He napped well, ate well and fit in very well with my little guys (I think he was just overwhelmed by the noise and activity!).

Koen went to nursery school in the morning, so Tavin and I enjoyed hanging out with Alex in the playroom with Alex for a few hours. Tavin was hilarious. He totally acted like a mini big brother and enjoyed being the older and wiser one for once. While I fed Alex his morning bottle, Tavin just roamed around the playroom playing with his toys and chatting to us. I tried to capture it on camera, but he was tuckered out at that point and just rolled around on the floor for most of this, but I'm including it anyways...

After Alex's bottle I got out the bumbo for him to sit in and be comfortable while I showed Tavin some attention. Alex wasn't super psyched about the bumbo after about 5 minutes, so I took him out of it. Tav was so excited to test it out. He was hilarious, just in and out over and over again.
After Koen got home it was a whirlwind through lunchtime and I caught this one funny video before Koen went down for nap. Tav was in fabulous spirits today despite an extra baby here vying for my attention. Koen is unphased by baby visitors, he's actually really sweet with them. Here's a glimpse of us keeping busy (laughing mostly) before naptime this afternoon.

The rest of the day flew by as I got the babies down for their naps and then I was able to get some work done and then prep for them all to wake up. Alex went home a little after 5:30pm and then I fed the boys and pretty soon it was bathtime and then bedtime. We'll see what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment