Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another Beautiful Outdoor Morning Surprise

The weather has been so odd here with passing thunderstorms and rainstorms all around most days. Monday we made the last minute decision to chance the possible storms and wound up with a beautiful morning outside (in the pollen), well I did the same thing with the boys today and we ended up with a great day out in the sunshine (and lots of pollen again). Yay!

We met up with Deborah, Miles and Claire at Osceola. Koen was so excited to be out, chasing his friend and playing on the playground.
Tavin also just loved being outside crawling around. I wish he would learn to walk as I have to put him in long pants in order for him to be comfortable crawling on the hard surfaces, but he is ripping holes in all of his pants. This little guy really needs to just put in the extra effort and learn to walk! He's super cute speeding around on his knees though, I have to say!
Tavin is so amazing with his agility and his boldness. Today he totally found the slide himself, turned around to go feet first and slid down with glee. This video shows an example, but it was a pretty good one. =)

After the playground, the weather was still good so we decided to do a few errands on our walk home. That took about another hour and then a few blocks from home some friends were at a local playground and they called us over, so we ended up stopping there to say hi for about 15 minutes.

The boys were exhausted, sweaty and dirty when we arrived home. We had a quick snack of yogurt (they had enjoyed "snacky lunch" amidst our errands) and then I put them in the bath for a good wash and play before nap. Now they are both out cold. I hope they sleep awhile, because Mommy is tired from the great exercise and fresh air too (not to mention that my eyes are killing me from the allergies, so I feel like I should just go to bed!). I'm so glad we got another good morning to be out and about!

No comments:

Post a Comment