Thursday, September 20, 2012

The 7 Days of Creation

Although it's tough to get much out of a five-year-old about his day at Kindergarten, between conversations with him, our carpool buddy, Mary Boyd, and the informational notes coming home from the teacher we are figuring out some of what Koen is experiencing and learning at school.  One thing they've been learning these first few weeks is Creation.  They have completed learning what God created each of the 7 days.  I thought it would be fun to see how Koen is doing with memorizing what happened each of the 7 days, so I found some Creation printables online and thought we'd make a little book as a fun craft.  He was so happy about the idea and I enjoyed again putting some thought into our 4pm hangout time (post-Penn feeding of course).  Koen colored all the pictures and asked if he could take it for show-and-tell tomorrow.  Of course!  (Although I hope I don't make him look like a teacher's pet...I just wanted to get in on what he was learning!).  Here he is working on one of the pages...
Here's another of the pages completed...
Then when Tavin got up he wanted to read him the book he had made, so here's the video...
It's fun seeing that Koen is already learning things and gaining knowledge.  And I had a lot of fun getting to be a little part of this that he's learning.  I look forward to learning and re-learning alongside of him throughout his education.  And don't worry, I'll try not to make him a teacher's pet. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment