Sunday, September 9, 2012

Destined in Destin, Part 2

Yesterday I forgot to explain my post title (which continues for each posting on this trip).  This sweet couple that Doug is marrying has a history here in Destin as the groom did his ranger training at an army base here.  It works out well for us since we also have a history here with Phil & Leah being down here.  So hence the name, Destined in Destin.  =)

UPDATE: I totally forgot to put these pictures in the original post, but these are from our time at the Rehearsal dinner on the Solaris dinner cruise.  It was a fun night.  We got to sit with the bride and groom, which was a real privilege and honor!  Doug visited the captain to get a shot for Koen.  Pretty cute.
Doug and I got a picture on the top deck.  We look like it's a wind-blown galmour shot, but I actually love, love, love this photo.  Takes me back to the college days when we were falling in love and always having a blast.  There are similar pictures in my scrapbook from our dating days.  I love you, Doug Melder! 
Here's a picture of Uncle Phil holding down the fort with Penn Rye back at the house.  He and Leah did an awesome job with the little guy and Penn was very cooperative.  Thanks, Phil & Leah.  I'm so glad Penn had a night with you guys! 


We started Saturday off in a super fun fashion with an early morning ski!  Before that, we had some chill time with the babies.  Doug and I had Penn up on the top deck and spotted dolphins!


Here's my little Penn and I enjoying the view...

And here are the little cousins hanging out on the porch together.  The first one is better of the kids, the second is better of the adults.  Come on, we can't have it all together first thing in the morning!

Eleanor was playing bubbles with her Daddy and I got this fun picture as she popped one!
And here's sweet Eleanor waiting for her breakfast in front of her amazing backyard!
Ok, so back to skiing (at this point Penn's napping and I can get out in the water with my big brother!).  I haven't slalomed since I was super early pregnant with Koen (didn't know I was prego) and it was in the Allegheny River.  It was so fun to be out on the glassy bay skiing!  Here are the pics Doug took from the dock.









I'm so excited to show these pictures to Koen!  He's never seen waterskiing before.  It's fun to think that he might actually get a chance to learn how to ski down here on future visits.  Douglas was a good sport and decided to take Phil up on the offer to ski too.  Doug hasn't been on skis in a long time either.  He had a good ride as well (less pics as I had to go in to feed Penn of course).


It was quite a low key afternoon which was actually really refreshing.  If the big boys were here we would've been in the water, at the beach or doing something really intense the rest of the morning/noontime, but with the littlest bug we can really take it easy and just chill out throughout the day.  Doug had to leave for the wedding hours before I did, so I got a little extra time with Phil, Leah and Eleanor.  And Penn got some special time with Aunt Leah.  
He also loved hanging out in the playpen staring at a toy.  Here's a showcase of his camo outfit he wore for Uncle Phil.
Throughout the day a very interesting thing was occurring out in the bay.  A flotilla was being formed.  Apparently, it's an annual event that a marina near here puts together.  It's a pretty amazing feat how these boats are all moored up together and then the middle is like a private swimming area and people just move from boat to boat like a big floating commune.  They stay there all day and through the night too.  Very interesting!  Phil went out and visited it at one point.  We enjoyed keeping an eye on it all day from the house.
Around dinnertime I headed over to the wedding to meet up with Doug.  Phil & Leah were so helpful and took Penn for the evening again.  He of course did well and Doug and I were able to enjoy the reception rather than worry about our little guy squawking and taking the attention away from the bride and groom.  Here we are at the beautiful wedding site.
Congratulations to Tom and Chelsey!  What a beautiful destination wedding for a beautiful couple!  Thanks for letting us be a part of this special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment