Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Biggest Brother Is A Blessing

The blog has gotten it's share of Koen complaints and tirades, but today, I'm reflecting on and appreciating Koen's skills at being an awesome big brother.  Koen has a very special, sweet heart with little ones.  I remember him at 2 and 3/4 being like this with Tavin at the newborn stage and it's even more fun to watch him at 5 caring for his new infant brother, Penn.  When Penn is sad, Koen rushes to his side and can make him smile, chat and laugh.  It's precious and unique.  I don't even ask him to help in this way, it's like it's a natural instinct.  Check out this video as proof...  Tavin was eating breakfast, I was finishing prepping to get Koen out the door and helping Tav with breakfast.  Penn was in the swing screaming his head off.  Koen went to him and started putting on a puppet show the animals hanging above the swing.  He entertained Penn for most of the 15 minutes between his breakfast and his school pick-up this morning.  Such a help to know that Penn was being comforted while my hands were busy.  Thank you, my sweet Koen Douglas!

No comments:

Post a Comment