Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Morning with the Little Guys

Tavin, Penn and I are really settling into the Kindergarten routine (i.e. we love our mornings together enjoying the calm and the simple).  Today was the first all rainy day we've had in Pittsburgh in what seems likes months.  It was fun to just stay in and hang out at the house.  Penn took a great morning nap which allowed Tavin and I plenty of time to clean up, play and read some books together.  After I fed Penn at 10am, I had to get some pictures of my cute little guys.  Tavin looks adorable in overalls, so I figured it was a good opportunity. =)


Is it me or is Penn's head at 2 and 1/2 months is as big as Tavin's at 2 and 1/2 years?  Anyways, we went on the front porch for Tav to have a little snack of apple slices and we took some more pictures...
I attempted to get a cute picture of Penn and I.  

But after two duds (that's what I get for wearing my hair down and not up in a ponytail like usual), I then tried for a picture of the 3 of us (might as well sweeten the challenge).  I know the third one of all 3 of us, isn't a full picture, but I love it.  Such a glimpse of our slice of life!
Since it was rainy and we couldn't go on a walk like we usually do at this time in the morning, Tav and I gave Penn another bath.  Tavin loves helping me with this.  It's so precious (and a little wetter than when I do it on my own).  Penn still loves his bathtime and I figured you must be dying for some more bathtime pictures so here you go...

And again, I attempted some pics with Penn and Tavin.  Not perfect, but I managed another adorable pic of the 3 of us.


Koen came home around 12:20pm as usual and things got a little more hectic and loud, but we made it to naptime as usual.  Penn and Tav must have been exhausted from our morning at home as they fell asleep quickly and are still sleeping great.  Koen is having his rest time and I think on this cloudy, rainy day I'm going to let him watch a DVD this afternoon (and afford myself the opportunity to feed Penn at 4pm in peace and quiet).  Doug is under the weather and currently also napping.  Hopefully "the worst cold in the world" as he self-proclaims, doesn't spread around to the rest of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment