Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Penn's Two Month Appointment

Penn had his two-month appointment today.  We got out of the house early today to drop Koen (and his pal, Mary Boyd) off at Kindergarten and then Tavin, Penn and I ran errands until his 10:15am appointment (not to mention the feeding in the parking lot before the appointment).  The boys were troopers racing around the East End getting a few things done leading up to the not-so-fun task of going to the doctor.  I had reminded Tavin about the fact that he would get a Thomas sticker at the doctor's office and that sold him on the whole experience.  He ended up totally charming the nurse and got 3 different engine stickers, including one of his favorites, Toby.  Here's the happy big brother.

Penn was a happy camper through much of the appointment (totally won the heart of the nurse giving me amazing smiles while he was getting weighed).  Here's my healthy, happy, hearty Penn Rye.



So, Penn weighed in at 12 lbs., 15 oz.  The 70th percentile!  Whoa!  Then he measured 24 and 1/2 inches long, the 90th percentile!  Growing like crazy and currently my biggest baby at 2 months yet.  Koen was 23 inches and 12 lbs., 10 oz. and Tavin was 24 1/4 inches and 11 lbs., 14 oz.  Penn checked out great, which is always a huge blessing to hear and I'm so thankful for it.  He did get quite sad with the shots he received.  It always brings me to tears to hear the shocked cry of pain.  He fell asleep on the way home and didn't wake up until 1pm to eat. He's had quite an odd day today starting with busting out of his swaddler way earlier than he usually wakes up and staying awake until 7am, then he was awake through most of errands, so he really needed that good nap after the appointment.  Unfortunately he is still quite off as he always naps hard in the afternoon and he woke up at 3:20pm.  He's quiet now, so I hope he will settle down, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.  I hope his sad little shot wounds aren't bothering the little trooper.  Oh how I love my little guys.  Thank you, Lord, for another great report from the doctor and another amazing blessing in Penn.

1 comment: