Thursday, September 20, 2012

Penn Rye Rolls Over!

It's amazing how these tiny little ones start to accomplish so much so quickly.  I feel like Penn is more aware and more interactive on a daily basis.  Just this morning when I propped Penn up for a moment on the big chair in the living room I noticed him arching his back as if he knew he wanted to get himself into a different position.  I took note of it and wondered if he was about to learn how to move himself around more.  Well, I was right.  Tonight he performed a major accomplishment.  Penn rolled over!  He'll be 3 months in just 6 days and I forget if this is early or late on the average scale, but for me it feels so fast!  I all of the sudden was envisioning him sitting up, crawling, walking...Oh, Penn Rye, please don't grow up too fast!  I enjoy this baby phase so much.  Please don't rush it!  Anyways, the how it happened...  I fed Penn at 7pm and Doug's not home tonight so Koen was with me and watching a little show.  Then we headed upstairs to read a few chapters of Stuart Little.  While we were reading, Penn was getting his last few ounces of energy out under the jungle gym.  Koen interrupted me while reading because Penn had turned to his side.  I didn't think he was going to roll over, so we went back to reading, but just moments later after rocking back and forth, Penn rolled over!  He seemed happy about it too.  Koen and I got right down on the floor with him and congratulated him.  It was so fun to experience this with Koen.  He was so excited.  Koen has an amazing connection with little ones and this was a whole new aspect of that.  He had such an appreciation for this accomplishment.  We rolled Penn back to his back and went back to reading and Penn did it again!  So fun!  That was it for the night though.  Penn seemed charged up about it too, so rather than laying him down a little before 8pm like usual, I laid him down in the living room while I ate my dinner and stared at the precious little guy.  He was kicking, smiling and having a blast.  I think he was loving the quietness with the big boys asleep and I think he was proud of himself.  I had the camera close by in case he chose to show off his new skill.  Unfortunately, he didn't end up rolling over again, but I couldn't resist taking a little video of his cuteness.  The lighting and angle are not good, but Penn is still perfectly adorable.  Enjoy my sweetheart...

No comments:

Post a Comment