Friday, September 14, 2012

A Few Photos & Wrap-Up for the Week

This week has felt really normal and it's been great!  I love routines/schedules, so settling into our new one this Fall is feeling really good.  Doug's been out a lot of evenings, so bedtimes have been hectic, but manageable.  Koen's been at Kindergarten each morning this week and it's been neat to see what spending every morning with my two littlest men is like (I love it).  Currently afternoon naptime overlaps for all 3 boys, which is an amazing joy for me.  I'm taking advantage of it while it lasts!  And Koen and I enjoy some special time at 4pm (well, lately it's been "What's in the Bible with Buck Denver" DVD's for a little bit while I nurse Penn at 4 and then we hang out).  Here's a picture of the three of us doing just that.  We got carried away taking pictures to send to Doug while he was in a meeting on Wednesday.  Oops!  Sorry for the distraction.  I just love my boys!
This morning was especially nice because I got my time with Penn and Tavin, but then with Doug's day off, he was able to take Tavin on a special bike ride, then pick Koen up from school and the 3 of them headed off on a picnic and playtime at Highland Park.  Penn and I got lots of one-on-one time (including a bath that he desperately needed!).  Here's a picture of Penn enjoying the swing for awhile this morning (usually he likes it for about 2 minutes and then starts getting pretty mad).
And here's Tavin (still in PJ's) when he and I were hanging out in the playroom before Doug got back for their adventure.  He is loving his Fisher Price airplane these days.  Literally all day long he is flying it around the house.  The only rule is that it doesn't go in the backyard, so if he's indoors he usually has it with him (including parking it at the table during most meals).
So for a week that got off to a rocky start with Tav in the ER, we are back on track and feeling pretty normal.  I love that I know what's going on right now.  Penn has about one more month of eating every 3 hours and then we'll be adjusting to a new schedule of about every 3 and 1/2 to 4.  That will be interesting.  I'm sure you'll be hearing about it!  For now, I'm enjoying the somewhat predictability of this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment