Friday, September 28, 2012

Family Friday

We had such a nice morning today.  I loved it.  It was one of those times where I felt like things are going right, we are handling 3 kids OK and I'm loving it.  It's that simple.  I like making picnic lunches, cleaning up the kitchen while the boys play and Doug drinks his coffee, I love snuggling with Penn in the quiet moments when Daddy has the big boys out on errands, I love walking on warm Fall days and I love being together as all 5 of us enjoying our great city.  So that's a sum up of our morning, but here's the pictures to add a little more interest...  Tavin got to help Daddy put away our CSA vegetables (oops, left them out overnight!).  Tavin was so proud to use his little wagon to load and unload the veggies.  He was beaming with pride (except when I snapped the 2nd picture, oh well).

At that point when Doug and Tav were playing, Koen was doing a craft after inhaling second breakfast.  He had an early dentist appointment this AM that Doug took him too.  So, he had already had some special one-on-one time with Daddy (although you wouldn't believe how he pleaded to get to help with Tavin's project!).  Anyways, soon after the veggies were done, Doug took the boys to get Koen's hair cut.  

Well, that meant that I got to stay home with Penn Rye.  I got this video as he was chatting it up to my phone while I was sending a text, so I thought I'd turn it to camera and just capture whatever it was he had to say.
After Penn and I had some good waketime, I strapped him into the stroller and took a long walk to meet the big boys and Daddy at Mellon Park.  When I got there, Koen was pushing Tavin on the swing and they were enjoying themselves fully.

We headed across the street and up the hill to the walled garden at Mellon.  It was a beautiful spot for a picnic and the boys loved running around and playing throughout the garden and hilly landscape.  Here are our picnic photos.


As we were leaving Doug staged a photo of Penn and I, but Penn was being super cranky and moving all around, amazingly he got this dead-on shot and I just love it!!
We got home a few minutes after 1pm and I fed Penn and Doug gave the boys a bath since they had gotten a little muddy at the park.  After the great morning, all the boys took a good long nap, even Koen.  Penn had a great nap too.  I finally remembered to take my camera up for a wake-up shot.  He's so adorable the way he stretches and scrunches his face up every time I pull off his swaddler.  This video captures the adorable Penn waking up.
Koen and Doug had a friend give them Pirates tickets earlier today for tonight's game, so Doug made Koen sleep this afternoon and Koen had no problem.  He was out hard!  So this evening Doug and Koen went to the game (they parked about a mile from the stadium and rode their bikes in).
And here's the little fan checking out the field before the game starts (Doug is classic for being super timely with fun events, he successfully beat traffic and it looks like they are practically the first people there).
Doug and Koen were given enough tickets to invite friends, so Koen asked Delia.  Her dad easily said yes and Delia's little brother, Huck, also got to tag along (don't tell Tav though).
So while Koen and Doug were enjoying the game, I got to be home with my little guys.  I had a really special evening with Tavin.  He loves Mommy time and I just eat that up!  He was in great spirits and we had fun working and playing in the backyard.  I stuck Penn in the swing for just a minute while I cut up part of Tav's dinner and Penn started totally crunching forward and sitting up all on his own.  I tried to capture it on video, but then got carried away letting Tavin chat it up (he'd been so talkative with me tonight and I just love the way he communicates right now).  You can enjoy Penn in the background and Tavin's huge proud grin in the foreground.
Well, it's been a great day here.  Doug and Koen are still out at the game, but the little guys are in bed and I think I'll be heading there soon as well.  I'm just so thankful for my sweet little family and days like today to just enjoy them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment