Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kindergarten Mornings with Tavin

Tavin and I are settling into the Kindergarten groove.  This morning he said, "Brah-bah school, Mommy Ta-ta home and pay" which means, "Brother's at school and Mommy and Tavin get to stay home and play!"  Today specifically I wanted to make sure I spent special time with both Tavin and Penn while Koen was away.  (I can often get carried away with multi-tasking).  During Penn's 1st morning nap, Tavin and I made a great car track and played Big Lightning vs. Little Lightning race.  He loved it.  

You can see his wound is healing well.  I finally pried off the original band-aid they put on at the hospital after the stitches this morning.  The poor guy, the wound is right below his hairline, so the band-aid was really stuck to his sweet little hairs.  Ouch!  He was brave as usual and I tried to make it as fast as possible.  We let it air out for a little while and then I put on a new band-aid (and ointment) which I cut into at the top to try and prevent his hair getting stuck.  We'll see how it works in a few days when we work up the courage to tear off this one.

Penn has had some great wake time today (and great naps!).  I particularly enjoyed holding him in my lap and playing a colorful xylophone for him (thanks, Ab).  He loves it!  So, there, I accomplished my morning goals.  One-on-one time with Tav and one-on-one time with Penn.  These little things certainly matter a lot more than some of the odds and ends jobs I could've gotten done in those moments.  I love being a mom and I love playing with my kids.  The multi-tasking can wait for another day this time. =)

PS - Koen loves Kindergarten!  He doesn't mind missing out on the little things Tavin and I do while he's gone (even our outings to Whole Foods where Tav pushes the little cart now and the library - two other things we did today).  Today Koen got to go to the zoo after half-day let out with our carpool buddies and the other 1/2 day kids.  He loved it!  Thanks, Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment