Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tavin's Trike Practice

Today we spent some time at the playground with our friends.  They brought a learn-to-ride trike.  The trike is similar to the one we got for Tav for his birthday.  Earlier this Spring, we re-introduced his trike to him and he was desperately frustrated that he couldn't really make himself get anywhere.  I was frustrated because the handle on the back that allows me to push him doesn't allow for steering.  It was a lose-lose situation.  But after playing on our friend's trike today, I think we might be able to get the trike back out.  Tavin figured out he could just use his legs to propel the trike around and he got so good at maneuvering with the steering that I think I would probably be able to push him with the pole and he could handle steering (with some more practice of course).  Not to mention he was super cute concentrating on his new skill development.

Tav came up with this exciting track for his trike practice and I just found him doing this hill complete with steering at the end in order not to crash into things.  Very impressive.  Looks like he's getting it down.  He was so proud of himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment