Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tavin at 2 and 1/2 Years Old!

Koen is at Vacation Bible School this week at the church that houses his nursery school.  Tavin and I are enjoying our mornings just the two of us.  I was really hoping Baby #3 would be here by now as it's great that Koen is happy and entertained every morning, but I have to say that I do like this special extra time with Tavin that I figured I'd be sharing with a new addition to the family.  Today Tavin had his 2 and 1/2 year old well checkup.  I decided to walk (despite high humidity and 85+ temperature) and Tav and I stopped at Osceola Parklet for some playtime.  Tavin loved it.  He brought some matchbox cars that he sent zipping down the slide and then would follow himself.  Osceola has a great spritzer sprinkler, so every few slide runs, he would run through the sprinkler.  Here's my super cute 2 and 1/2 year old (in his muscle shirt!) and enjoying himself immensely between these two activities...



We headed over to the doctor's next.  Tavin was all confused.  He thought we were going for a baby appointment together again.  He wasn't too pleased about the fact he was the target of the doctor's poking and prodding.  Thankfully he rallied and was cooperative with the nurse and doctor.  He was super shy though, which was cute.  Here's my adorable 2 and 1/2 year old...


Tav had a great report.  This time he was 36 and 1/2 inches long, about in 60th percentile and his weight was 30 lbs. exactly, right around average.  I can't believe how grown up my baby is!  It's a good thing I have a tiny little one on the way (well, hopefully it's not getting too big in my belly as it takes its sweet time to arrive!).  Tavin was much more himself as we left as he independently walked to pick out his stickers.  He even chose one for Koen without me suggesting it.  So precious the way his mind is always on brother.  We had a hot walk home (although I was strategic in the path I took, choosing the streets/sides of streets with the most shade).  As soon as we got home, Tavin got busy playing and I cooked us up a fun personal pizza lunch - just a nice little lunch date with my little bug.  A little before 1pm we headed out to get Koen and then our nice morning came to a quick end.  Oh well.  Koen is just rough sometimes and this afternoon was exactly that.  He's going through a dramatic/intense phase.  His reactions to the smallest things often include outbursts, defiance or weird faces.  It's draining and exhausting.  I had a good cry about it this afternoon.  It's been nice writing up the blog about sweet Tavin to get my mind off of it.  I love both my boys so much, they are at such different stages though, there are different things that I appreciate about both.  

No comments:

Post a Comment