Saturday, June 23, 2012

Special Family Visit 2 of the Weekend

Well, we've been having so much fun with Gramma and Grampa here, I've barely taken any pictures!  Here's what we've been up to in a nutshell since they arrived...

Thursday night they arrived.  Tavin was already in bed, but Koen got to stay up to say hello. I realized Tav was still chatting in his room, so I actually let Mom and Dad peek in and say a quick goodnight to the little man.  He was a little surprised, but still gave Grampa and Gramma some sweet loves before I laid him down again.  After getting Koen down to bed, Mom, Dad and I had a yummy pizza dinner (so fun to get food delivered instead of cooking!). Doug got home a little later on after that to say hello to everyone.  

On Friday, Dad went in with Doug to take Koen to his last day of VBS.  When Dad got home he spent some special one-on-one time with Tavin.  Doug returned after some errands and then he and I went on a nice morning/lunchtime date!  I got to have a swim at the gym and then Doug took me out for lunch and gelato in Shadyside.  Then we picked up Koen.  Doug had to leave to do a rehearsal for a wedding in Wexford that he's officiating today.  The boys took their naps/rests.  At 4pm, Koen got up from his rest time and he and Grampa went down to to the Heritage Trail for a great bike ride.  They got back in time for a little playtime in the backyard with Tavin before dinner.  Both boys were exhausted last night and went to sleep right away.  Mom and I got to slip away for some errands for a few hours.  I rarely go out in the evenings and I love any time with my Mom, so that was great!

You are probably getting the idea that we make the most of pretty much every moment when Gramma & Grampa are here.  You'll hear about our day today in my next post (my birthday).  Here are the only two pictures I've grabbed thus far of this visit that is off to such a great start!!

Grampa helping Koen with his VBS verses (and Tavin totally started chiming in, so cute!) while eating homemade smoothie popsicles...
 Gramma reading Thomas stories to the boys at the library...
I'll work on getting some better photos!  We are just having too much fun. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment