Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Content Tavin

Tavin is so much fun at this stage.  It's great to spend one-on-one time with him (as I'm spoiled with this week with Koen at VBS every morning) so that I can see his unique personality.  His true colors get clouded by big brother's influence often when they are together.  This one-on-one time is always very eye-opening to me as Tav continues to grow and develop and I try and keep up on knowing his great little spirit and personality.  Today he was Mr. Content.  We had plans to set up the baby pool in the backyard since temperatures were getting into the 90's and plenty humid and Doug needed the car today.  Our friends, Hilary, Delia and Huxley, texted us this morning seeing if we were free, so we invited them over.  We ended up spending two hours with them in the backyard.  I was impressed that in the small space with limited toys/options the three kids lasted so long.  Hilary and I had such a nice time chatting in the shade while the kids entertained themselves quite well.  I think if Koen had been there, it could've been more intense.  I felt bad he missed out on seeing Delia, but it was definitely a much more low key morning this way.  After Hilary, Huck and D left, Tavin still wanted to play in the pool.  Here are a few shots of my adorable poolside buddy...



Before going back into the house, we watered all the plants (Doug will be so happy, he's always so concerned about the well-being of the plants!).  Tavin still didn't want to go in, but with the temp at 90 and the fact he had been out almost 3 hours, I figured it would be a good idea to get inside out of the elements.  We had a sweet lunch together and then Koen got home a little after 1pm.  Thankfully, big brother was in great spirits today upon his return.  We had an easy time before nap and Tavin is of course passed out (Koen is singing songs he learned at VBS over the monitor for me to hear amidst playing in his room - awesome).  Thanks for a great morning, my content little Tavin.  I love hanging out with you.  What a blessing that baby has given us these extra few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment