Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Schenley Morning

The cooler weather continues here in the Burgh and we are fully enjoying it and making the most of it!  I love summer weather, but being oh so pregnant and so active with my little guys, the cool week we are having is a delight.  This morning we stuck around the house and the boys actually did an amazing job playing well together for a long time, so I enjoyed hanging out with them and got a few things done around the house.  We ran an overdue errand to Target (where I let the boys each have a box of raisins - best idea ever, they are so sticky and tough to get out of the box it kept them so occupied they didn't have a chance to get silly or crazy, perfect!).  Then we headed on to Schenley Park in Oakland.  We played at Anderson Playground for about 30 minutes.  Tavin spent most of that time pretending to be a monkey.  Here are some pictures that capture his moves as well as a video that showcases his monkey skills as well as some of his verbal skills these days...


Koen is so good at keeping himself busy on playgrounds now and he also was very sweet to try to "play" with Tavin part of the time too.  Here's the only picture I caught of the fast-moving five-year-old...
I had brought the stroller and Koen's helmet and scooter as well as packed a picnic lunch so that we could walk over to Schenley Plaza and meet Doug for a quick family lunch.  Gotta make the most of these opportunities in these final days before baby comes!  It was a very special family time enjoying being outdoors and together.  Doug surprised us all with getting a few carousel tokens for the boys.  They got to take one turn before lunch and one afterwards.  They both loved it!  I was impressed at how happy, confident and brave Tavin was at such a young age.  Enjoy the pictures of their sheer enjoyment...








Thanks for meeting us today, babe.  It was a very special time.  Of course, my mind is constantly on the fact that this baby could arrive at any moment really, so I'm glad we are making the most of these opportunities with the boys before our life takes a different tack for awhile.  I love spending time with my 3 boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment