Saturday, June 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me, Just Me

Since baby hasn't arrived yet, many people thought this baby would arrive today, on my birthday.  Well, there's only about 3 hours left to the day and baby seems to be letting me keep my birthday to myself.  I wouldn't have minded sharing the day, but having it all to myself is nice too. =)

This morning Doug had a wonderful plan even though he was only home with us for a few hours.  He told me to stay in bed until he got the boys up, so I did. =)  He got Koen up early and they made a delicious breakfast feast.  Then they got Tavin up and finally, me.  Here's the lovely table-set that Koen worked on while Doug did a lot of the cooking.  How cute are my little guys?
My mom got this picture of the birthday girl...
After a delicious breakfast of omelettes, blueberry whole wheat apple cinnamon muffins and fresh fruit, there was more!  My boys brought in a chocolate orange zest pound cake.  Doug had to cram all the birthday celebration into this meal, so we went with it.  Who doesn't like a huge breakfast anyways?  



After our meal, we had presents and cards.  Douglas is such a sweet, giving husband.  I'm so blessed.  Thanks for a lovely morning, babe.  You spoil me just in how much you think through these things and put in so much effort.  Thanks for doing all this before your busy day.  

The rest of the day was easy-going, which I always enjoy.  My dad had to go to a wedding and Doug was out at work all day, so mom and I took the boys on a long walk to the library and Whole Foods, then back home.  Unfortunately, Tavin came down with something this morning and was not himself.  He almost fell asleep on our walk home.  He barely had an appetite at breakfast or lunch.  Then he asked to go to nap right after lunch, so I let the poor, sad thing just go to bed a little before 1pm.  Turns out he needed it as he slept all afternoon.

Tav's early naptime and Mom being here allowed for me to spend some special time with Koen.  I took him out for a bike ride (me, just walking of course) before his rest-time.  Then we read extra books before he hung out in his room.  I love one-on-one time with Koen.  He was in great spirits today and having extra time with him in this mood was a birthday gift in itself.  Tav was still asleep at 4pm, so Koen and I again got to go out for another bike ride.  This time we hung out at the playground for awhile.  He was great again.  Double dose of Koen - great!  When we got home a little after 5pm, Tavin was snuggling with Gramma reading books in the living room.  Precious.  The Tylenol I gave him mid-way through his nap really made a difference and he soon was acting like himself playing in the backyard with Koen.  They played so well in the sandbox tonight and did pretty well in the yard.  Then we had dinner with Gramma, then I took Tav up to bath and bed.  Gramma helped get Koen laid down and then after that Mom and I took another walk to run a quick errand.  So, my birthday is pretty much over, but I'm feeling very blessed.  A lovely, special morning with my parents, husband and beautiful boys, 4 walks in one day, Koen in great spirits and Tavin feeling more like himself by bedtime.  A great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment