Saturday, June 2, 2012

Feeling So Blessed

This morning my dear friend, Megan, planned a Mother's Blessing Brunch for me in anticipation of baby #3 arriving.  It was such a special time.  Seven dear friends were able to gather with me and enjoy a delicious brunch at E-squared in Highland Park.  It was such a special feeling to be surrounded by friends from all different phases of my life celebrating what lies ahead and just taking some time to enjoy one another's company.  Here's a picture of my lovely girlfriends and myself after our fantastic time together.
Despite the fact I was not supposed to receive gifts, I felt showered with so much generosity between the cards, thoughtful gifts and being treated to a fabulous meal.  Megan also prepared a prayer card for each friend to fill out for me to be praying over this little one.  How special!  In the picture below you can see a sampling of what I received and one of the blank prayer cards.  All so thoughtful and special to me.  Thank you, friends!
The onesie Mary made herself and it has little animal silhouettes all around the back too.  Really precius (especially how small it is!).  She also included that glittery pink headband, just in case this Melder baby is a girl. =)  Below is a picture of the water bottles Mary gave me for the boys.  They were so excited to get a present themselves this morning too!  Tavin is still working on his technique, but Koen is thrilled to have a big boy water bottle finally!  
I have one more HUGE thank you to deliver.  Thank you to Miss Kylie for staying here with Tavin.  He was so happy to have someone come play with him at the house.  He loves to just stay here and enjoy his toys and some simple play time.  Kylie is so good with both the boys, but I know she enjoyed some special one-on-one time with Tavin.  When we were chatting about it after she left, Tavin said, "more Ky, Ky?"  Certainly you made an impression, Kylie.  Thanks for blessing me by watching my little guy so I could get away and enjoy this special time with friends.  Seriously, I feel so blessed today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment