Friday, April 20, 2012

Time With Tav & Then More Friends

Doug and Koen left for preschool at 8:45am. Today was a field trip day and Doug had volunteered to chaperone. Pretty cute. Then at 9:30am, Sarah and Richard left to head back to DC. So, it was just Tav and I after that. Last night I had told him, don't worry buddy, tomorrow we'll have the whole morning just for you and me. He was pretty excited. He loves the hustle and bustle of guests, friends and big brother, but he was getting quite worn out too. So, after we had the house to ourselves, we played a little and slowly got ourselves ready for a nice walk and final destination at a playground where Doug and Koen could pick us up after preschool. Here's my little walking buddy. Seriously, overalls and baseball caps are an adorable combination. And isn't his smile just one of the best?Tavin and I were very productive dropping off a RedBox, stopping at Market District, Whole Foods, the bank and Target, all within an hour. Then we finished our walk to the playground. Tavin walked once we were on a safe sidewalk. It was so sweet because he just wanted to hold my hand the whole time. I love this age! He had fun getting my full attention at the playground. We created a game with some gears that are built into the equipment. He would turn them, but from the other side I would spin them so hard he would lose track. It made him absolutely lose it with laughter. Here he is hard at work...And here he is cracking up. So cute!Koen and Tavin played together awhile after Doug got there with the big brother. Then we headed home for lunch. While I made lunch, Doug stopped to say hi with our neighbors who are actually moving today to a different neighborhood (so sad!!). In so doing, he could tell that they could really use a hand with the kids. So, they came home with him too. Look at the buddies!The kids played well together after lunch. Then I laid Huck down, then Tav. The big kids had some quiet time reading books and then doing some craft time with me while Doug shut his eyes just a few minutes. Then at 2:45pm, Doug took Delia and Koen to Highland Park for awhile. They entertained one another very well and stayed in great spirits. Doug actually said it was no big deal. Very impressive! Here are the sweet little friends...Tav thankfully took a great nap today. Koen just got home a little while ago and is still in good spirits (although I'm thinking we will see some crazy tiredness soon). We let him watch a show until 5pm. Doug and I are going on a date tonight. Well deserved after a fun-filled week of friends and entertaining. The kids will enjoy their cozy beds after all the hub-bub as well. I'm sure we'll all be refreshed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment