Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Flower Craft

Yesterday afternoon I let Koen hang out with me for awhile at the end of Tavin's naptime. I was finishing up cleaning the first floor as small group was last night and today we hosted a luncheon after the noon Good Friday service. Koen needed something to keep his hands and mind busy. We've been making a lot of trips to Home Depot lately and every time Koen picks up paint cards. We now have quite a collection and I figured it was time to put them to good use. I decided we should make Easter flowers. I had him cut up all the colors while I cleaned the floors and then we made this flower together.By the time we completed that it was time to get Tavin up from nap (well, he had actually been "up" for awhile due to his cough caused by what I think are allergies). Tavin colored with markers while Koen got to work on making his own flowers based off of our work together.Look at Koen's wonderful creations. We were both quite proud of ourselves. He made one for Miss Kara who coordinates Kidz Ministry at North Way Oakland (we gave it to her today, he was so proud!). He made one for each of his two nursery school teachers and then he made one for Lisa who we will see later this weekend.So, if you are ever wondering what to do with extra paint cards you could try this idea. While we were doing this project Koen suggested that we get tan and blue cards next time and make some ocean scenes. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment