Sunday, April 8, 2012

Much Needed Daddy Day

After a busy week of being back in the Burgh and Doug preparing for the Easter weekend, the boys and I were really looking forward to a Saturday with Doug home. In the morning I got to get some things around the house done and he played upstairs in the playroom with them for over an hour. I shouldn't really say "played" as much as Doug had fun building with Construx and the boys stayed busy either helping or playing around him. He's just as much a kid as they are some times! He had a blast just building and being with his little buddies. I had a brunch to go to at 11am, so I left on foot around 10:30am. The boys had a job to do at that point for me. I needed all the furniture moved in our office area because I will be painting that room this week (yay!). The boys made it into a fun project by creating a fort out of the furniture. Then Doug let them watch a Chuggington episode in the fort while he packed up for a little bike adventure.After they all got ready to go they headed out to the playground on their bikes. Later, they ate a picnic lunch there that Doug prepared. All the while, I'm still at my fun girl's brunch. Ahh....I met up with the boys at the playground for a little while and then they were supposed to bike back directly for Tav's nap. I headed back home on foot to meet them. But I got home and they never arrived. Eventually I texted Doug wondering what was up. Turns out they were down the street in front of a friend's house with several other neighbors and their kids letting all the little ones play together. I love this about our street. So many young families. This time of year this happens almost daily. It's so great! Tavin found a special spot under a Japanese maple. Super cute picture, but you'll have to excuse the snot. We still haven't figured out if this is a cold or allergies, but it is certainly turning him into a snot factory.After a great nap for Tavin and some good downtime for Koen, the boys played in the backyard with the two of us. Then while they waited for dinner they got to watch a little of the hockey game with Doug. It was a good opportunity to get a picture of the 3 guys that had such a great day together.Thanks for hanging out with us today, babe. The boys really needed that Daddy time and I enjoyed the ability to do some things I can't usually with them around (not to mention I have laryngitis and the less talking I do hopefully will help it heal!). Looking forward to your few days off after Easter which should be full of lots more simple, great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment