Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

We didn't really do anything major for Valentine's Day, but the post title is just a good way to sum up the last few days.  Yesterday, Tav had his friend, Natalie, over for a playdate.  They got to share a Valentine's cookie treat (I think it was the highlight of the playdate for them both, they love snack time!).  Note that they both have some gorgeous blue eyes.  When I was editing the picture, it totally struck me.  
In the afternoon, Koen and I had a big project to do.  Valentine's cards for his classmates and teachers.  It's a good thing his teacher is so on top of it and sends memos home as I had totally forgotten about this school age tradition.  Oops!  Thankfully I had some leftover craft supplies on hand and I typed up some labels for Koen to have fun cutting out and glueing and we ended up making some pretty cute Valentines.  It was somewhat of a process, so we did it in two sittings.  One while the little guys were sleeping.  Here's Koen doing the names of his friends and then he cut out and did the glueing.  (And I did too).
Then while I was getting dinner ready, he finished up by decorating each card with stickers.  He really enjoyed this part and worked on it for about 30 minutes or so.
Today Tavin and I did nothing for Valentine's Day except that we've enjoyed lots of time together (he's one of my 4 Valentines).  Doug has done all my carpool driving this week which means I've had treat of just being around the house with the little guys and I've loved it.  This morning Tavin played with Play-Doh for awhile.  Here's my little mess (he has super dry skin on his cheeks due to his cold and the dry air, so he's shiny with ointment, then also he has an ear infection...poor little trooper!).
Tonight Nana comes into town for Grandparents' Day at Koen's school tomorrow, so that'll be a fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day...being with even more people we love!  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment