Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Birds

Tonight after Tav's nap and while I was feeding Penn his solid foods, Tav really wanted to play out in the backyard by himself (Koen was not interested, just to be the very strong-willed child he is, but actually I think Tav was relieved to be out there without any competition).  Soon after I got him suited up and set out on the porch, I heard his little voice up on the porch again.  Hmmm, what could it be?  Well, Tav was a little put off by some visitors we had this evening.  Actually, I think it was quite bizarre.  A very large flock of chubby robins were flittering and fluttering between our yard and the neighbor's.  They were trying to find food, but they were really freaking Tav out.  He decided to stay out of their way, but still wanted to be outside, so he just hung out there until they finally decided to move on after about 15 minutes or so.  It was so odd that I had to grab the camera (of course).  Here's just an example of the weird, winter visit from the robins!

1 comment: