Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Did Anyone Notice I'm 7 Months Old Now?"

The days just seem to blur into one another lately.  The routines for each of the boys just make the days fly.  I love our rhythm, but speeding through these precious days, weeks, months and years does make me sad!  These baby months always seem to go way too fast especially.  And here we are a few days past Penn's 7 month birthday already.  So what is he up to now?  He is an awesome sleeper still (thank you, Lord!) and goes to bed a few minutes before 7pm and I get him up around 7:40pm in the AM.  He is down to two naps now.  His morning nap starts around 10am and varies in length.  He eats lunch a little before noon and the whole process of nursing and solids takes us until midway through the noon hour depending on how efficient we are while getting Koen and Tavin lunch too.  His afternoon nap starts at about 2pm and he's usually sleeping until 4:45pm.  Then he eats again and that whole process amidst taking care of big brothers usually takes until about 5:30pm.  Then he plays until about 6:30pm when he really starts to get tired and just wants to be held, so he gets on his PJ's and heads to bed.  So, that's the schedule, but Penn is so much more than that of course.  Oh, his pleasant, super happy, smiley personality is such a joy.  Yesterday I tried to take a few 7 month picture opportunities.  Here he is showing off after eating an entire jar of his favorite baby food flavor...squash.


If that isn't a happy baby I don't know what is.  But wait, there's more.  He loves bathtime too and then the snuggly time in the towel is always fun.  Penn is teething like mad and just shoves the chunky towel into his face.  Seeing his eyes all bright and happy is almost as good as seeing his toothy grin.


I managed to get the towel away from him for a few seconds so that we could see those pearly whites.  He's had these since he was 5 months old and I was convinced we would see the third tooth come in before Christmas, but he's still working on it.  Perhaps this will be the month?

 Well, our house is too freezing to keep a baby on the floor in a towel too long, so I got him dressed part way and propped him up for some tummy time pictures.  At 7 months, Penn is finally a little more interested in tummy time and has definitely better developed the arm and neck muscles to hold himself up better in this position.  He often rolls from back to front and back again during playtime, but is still a back sleeper at night (which amazes me because his brothers started flipping to tummy to sleep in between 4 and 5 months).  I think he's just so tired from the craziness of this household when he hits the hay that he doesn't have the energy to move anymore. =)  Here's my happy, adorable Penn!
And here he is shoving the blanket in his face.  Again, the teething!
At this point, Penn was winding down for his afternoon nap and got a little more pensive in the photo shoot.  Some faces I haven't really captured too often, so I thought I would post these sweet, serious Penn looks.


Oh, my precious Penn!  I love you so!  I hope this next month just goes so slow as I LOVE this stage with you.  Thanks for all the snuggles (Penn is a major nuzzler/kisser/snuggler)!

No comments:

Post a Comment