Monday, February 25, 2013

Koen Loses Another Tooth Already!

Doug and Koen walked in from swimming lessons at 7:30pm calling for me.  What's this?  Koen's bottom front tooth was bleeding and hanging on by a thread.  Doug refused to yank it out, so that left the job to me.  As a mom of 3 boys, I figure these moments are like a rite of passage.  I'm just going to have to grit my teeth and do it.  So I did.  I pulled out his tooth.  Koen was so brave!  He never cried and he didn't pull away afraid.  I was wincing myself just waiting for the resistance and the little click noise (which did happen...yuck!).  Here's Koen who is super proud that he has lost two teeth in two days and his proud mama (proud of my boy and proud that I didn't waiver at my mommy task).
Koen then began explaining that his friend at school was missing his top two teeth and he is missing his bottom two teeth.  He used me as an example of what he was talking about.  Doug shot a pic.  I think it's cute because you can see in my smile I'm busting with pride (and the amazement that I have a child old enough to lose two teeth!).
Love you, Koen!  Heading up soon to put yet another dollar bill under your pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment