Sunday, February 24, 2013

Koen Lost His First Tooth!

My big boy, Koen, lost his first tooth this morning!  I can't believe my son is almost 6.  I can't believe my son lost his first tooth already.  I can't believe how quickly these little ones grow up.  Ugh, it pulls at my heart strings!  Anyways, back to Koen and this big moment.  Well, we almost missed it.  After breakfast the boys and I were heading into the living room to read a story and Koen whizzed past me (in classic fashion) and I caught a glimpse of his smile and noticed a big dark gap.  Wait a second!  "Koen did you lose your tooth?"  He had no idea!  Then I wondered if he had swallowed it during breakfast (yuck!).  We quickly went back to the kitchen on a hunt for a little tooth just in case somehow we could find it for the tooth fairy.  And yes, there it was underneath Koen's stool (right next to a similarly sized, shaped and colored piece of scrambled egg).  So exciting!  Here's the proud, big boy.


I'm about to head up and be the tooth fairy.  Koen was pretty bummed when he was reminded that the tooth fairy doesn't bring toys (he was hoping for Legos under his pillow).  I'm hoping a nice $1 bill does the trick.  Yeah, we're cheap.  But don't worry, we made a big deal about the gaping hole in his smile and he was pretty happy about that.  He was really excited that I was going to be the tooth fairy.  He doesn't want Doug to do it.  He says that it has to be a girl.  It'll be fun to see if he wakes up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment